Attorneys specializing in business litigation serve clients in various legal matters. If you are filing a claim on behalf of your company or if the business has been sued, you should consult an attorney who has expertise in business litigation.
What Kinds of Cases Are Handled by Business Litigation Lawyers?
A business litigation lawyer can help you with issues that emerge in relationships between co-owners, partners, and shareholders, as well as employee conflicts. Examples are:
- Breach of fiduciary responsibility claims
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder derivative lawsuits and disputes
- Non-compete agreements and trade secret disclosure conflicts
- Employment disputes
An attorney can also aid in protecting a company’s or its owners’ rights and reputation. Examples of claims that a business litigation attorney can help with include:
- Business theft
- misrepresentation and concealment
- Deliberate interference with contracts
- Intellectual-property conflicts
- Patent and trademark issues
Business litigation attorneys also handle disputes and difficulties that can occur due to consumer complaints, such as:
- Breach of warranty claims
- Product liability and manufacturing claims
- Professional negligence or malpractice claims
If your company is dealing with an issue that calls for legal action, you should seek a business litigation attorney who has handled similar cases in the past. Ensure they have a proven record of success with the business matter in question.
What Services Can Business Litigation Attorneys Provide?
Any business conflict that leads to a court trial may be resolved with the aid of an expert business litigation attorney. Professional services may include the following:
- Filing your civil action in the right court or replying to a lawsuit filed in the event you are served notice
- Identifying legal actions you may make, as well as counterclaims and defenses you can make if you’re sued
- Negotiating a settlement or looking into other options for out-of-court conflict resolution
- Gathering evidence and locating expert witnesses to testify on your behalf if necessary
- Overseeing the discovery process, which includes submitting documents, assessing the material you’ve been given, and questioning witnesses
- During the pre-trial and trial phases, submitting all court papers, including motions and pleadings
- Presenting evidence supporting your claims or making arguments in your defense during court procedures
- Reviewing adverse decisions in civil cases when there were legal or procedural errors and initiating the appeal process
These are just some of several duties that business litigation attorneys perform on behalf of their clients.
Hasson Law Group LLP will offer counsel tailored to the details of your situation. Our legal experts can assist you during every stage of the process, from filing a lawsuit to evaluating your options to presenting your case in court. We work to get you the best possible results in business litigation.
Contact Hasson Law Group LLP at (678) 701-2869 to talk with an experienced business litigation attorney who can answer your questions.
Proudly serving the Atlanta, GA community!