Results and Recommendations
Selected Results obtained by our lawyers at their current or former firms:
- Attorneys at the Hasson Law Group, LLP collected 100% of a $719,000 judgment entered against an Atlanta based nursing home investor and restauranteur. After a borrower defaulted on a loan to the firm’s client which had been used to finance the purchase of a retirement facility, the Hasson Law Group filed suit against the borrower and guarantors, obtained summary judgment against all Defendants for the full amount of the debt plus interest and attorney’s fees, and then collected every penny of the money owed to its client on that judgment.
- After the owner of several auto parts stores in Kentucky was sued by a Fortune 500 company for over two million dollars in debts allegedly owed, the client hired the Hasson Law Group to defend him and to assert counterclaims for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. After months of hard fought litigation, including numerous depositions and extensive motions practice, the Firm was able to negotiate a confidential settlement to resolve the matter.
- The Hasson Law Group represented a minority member in a limited liability company which owned and operated several restaurants as part of a national franchise system. The majority owner attempted to squeeze out the client and pay him nothing for his interest in the company. Through a heavily contested arbitration proceeding, the Firm obtained fair compensation for the client for his interest in the business.
- Our lawyers pursued tort claims, including breach of fiduciary duty, against a major national bank on behalf of a private banking customer after the bank knowingly withheld pertinent information regarding a potential real estate deal from our client. After a week-long arbitration proceeding, our lawyers obtained an award of over two million dollars for the client.
- After a bank wrongfully foreclosed on a valuable tract of commercial property on Peachtree Street in Midtown Atlanta without giving notice to the owner, our lawyers filed suit against the bank. After hard fought litigation, the defendant bank presented a settlement package to our client on the eve of trial worth over twelve million dollars, including return of the property to our client.
- Our lawyers successfully defended a limited partner in a real estate investment company against claims brought against him individually in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. The Plaintiff, a large construction company, had obtained a judgment that, with interest, exceeded seven million dollars against a subsidiary of the limited liability partnership in which the client was a limited partner. Our lawyers were hired when the Plaintiff filed a lawsuit against the client seeking to hold him personally liable for the subsidiary’s debt through claims of veil piercing and fraudulent conveyance. Our lawyers convinced the Court to dismiss all claims against the client through a motion for summary judgment, and the client did not have to pay a single penny to the plaintiff.
- When an Atlanta based I.T. company was sued by a former joint venture partner (owned by the government of Trinidad & Tobago), the client’s Errors and Omissions (“E&O”) carrier refused to provide a defense, forcing the client to incur over half a million dollars defending itself in the underlying lawsuit. After assisting the client resolve the underlying suit, our lawyers filed suit against the E&O carrier to recover the costs of defending the underlying suit. After successfully persuading the Court that the insurance company had breached its duty to defend the client in the underlying litigation, the case settled for a confidential amount.
- Our lawyers successfully represented a business in a dispute with its general commercial liability carrier arising out of the long term use of an environmental contaminant in the regular course of business, which was released into the environment, exposing the business to potential claims from surrounding property owners and requiring hundreds of thousands of dollars in soil and water remediation. After the insurance carrier refused to provide coverage for the loss, we filed suit and were able to obtain a substantial recovery for the client.
- Our lawyers represented a minority stakeholder in a healthcare services company in a fraud and breach of fiduciary duty dispute against the majority owner of the company. At a mediation held two weeks after we filed a lawsuit on behalf of the client, the majority owner agreed to buy out our client’s interest in the business on terms that were extremely favorable to our client.
- Our lawyers successfully defended a minority business owner against claims that he violated the terms of a non-compete agreement. The case was dismissed after our lawyers convinced the court to deny injunctive relief to our client’s former employer.
Important Notice: Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome and depend on the facts of each matter.
- When I found myself a victim of corporate fraud and the target of a multi-million dollars lawsuit brought by a Fortune 500 Company, I turned to Keith for help. With hard work, skill, and perseverance, he and his team got me out of trouble and negotiated a favorable resolution. I’d hire them again in a minute! —W.C., president of a small business
- “Keith and Mike know how to get results! Their presentation of my case to an arbitrator was masterful, and I am very pleased with what they have been able to accomplish for me.” — L.C., minority owner of a restaurant franchise
- “I have had the opportunity to work with many lawyers in Atlanta. Keith and Mike are some of the best around. They are always looking for a way to resolve disputes efficiently, but aren’t afraid to fight when a case need to be litigated. I highly recommend them.” —S.W., in-house counsel
- “Mr. Hasson is honest and to the point. He lets you know where you stand and the possibilities for your case. He didn’t waste my time and always looked out for my best interest. After my case was over he checked in with me to make sure I understood everything and informed me on what to do as well as when to get back in touch with him so he can complete more requests with my case in the future.” —M.R., government employee
- “I owned a very valuable piece of land on Peachtree St. in Atlanta. A big Atlanta bank had taken my loan over from a failed bank. They had two well-known law firms trying to steal my property on a technicality. I had a recommendation from another one of my attorneys for Keith Hasson. Keith was able to back down a large bank with unlimited resources hell bent on stealing my property, and negotiated a settlement that gave me my property back plus forgiveness of a loan worth several million dollars. My family and I are grateful to Keith and his firm for all their hard work and persistence in this matter.” —G.R., real estate developer
- “Keith is simply great counsel, particularly for anyone being sued for the first time. His ability to translate complex legal terminology into actionable items is extraordinary, and his ability to predict the moves of “the other side” and take pre-emptive action is simply amazing. Hire this man if you want to win your case.” —S.F., owner of an I.T. company
- “When the State Board sought to sanction my professional license, I literally did not know where to turn. A friend put me in touch with Keith, and with his help, I was able to get all misconduct charges dismissed!” —Confidential, Atlanta medical doctor
- Keith represented my company in a very complex litigation against a $750 million per year company. He was sensitive to my company’s situation. He did an outstanding job, never hesitated when going up against one of the largest law firms in the state, and won with what I consider great style and honor. I cannot recommend him and his firm enough. I will always use them in the future. —K.H., real estate investor
- “Keith not only did a fantastic job of preparing and presenting my case at trial, but he saved my bacon by talking me into a high/low agreement that saved my bacon with an unpredictable jury.” —S.G., small business owner