Regulatory law attorneys are specialized attorneys who work closely with government agencies to ensure that businesses comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Regulatory law attorneys can help businesses navigate the complicated rules and regulations that govern their industry and advise on issues such as licensing requirements, tax laws, labor laws, and environmental regulations.
These specialist attorneys are often involved when a business is being investigated by government agencies or under investigation for a violation of the law. They can also help companies to comply with new regulations and laws as they are passed and assist with drafting agreements that ensure compliance with existing regulations.
Examples of Regulatory Laws
There are many examples of regulatory laws. These include:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and standards that govern the use of aircraft by private citizens and commercial airlines.
- The Clean Air Act regulates pollutants in the air that can cause harm to humans and wildlife.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulates the use of pesticides, climate-changing emissions, and other environmental pollutants.
- The Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) regulates the securities market.
When Do You Need to Contact a Regulatory Law Attorney?
Many situations can warrant hiring a regulatory law defense attorney. Examples include:
- You have received a notice from the government that they plan to act against you.
- You have been served a cease-and-desist order or if someone else has filed such an order against you.
- Your business is in an area with conflicting laws on how things should be done (like zoning regulations), and you need help navigating those regulations.
Contact Hasson Law Group, LLP For Regulatory Law Defense
It is crucial to understand your options if you are facing regulatory action.
Hasson Law Group, LLP provides skilled regulatory law defense for individuals and businesses. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge regarding the federal government and its agencies, and we use that knowledge to help our clients avoid or reduce penalties for violations of federal regulations.
Our lawyers are skilled negotiators who can get results quickly and efficiently by utilizing a variety of strategies, including:
- Negotiating a plea bargain with prosecutors or judges
- Appealing your case if necessary
- Working with experts on your behalf
- Finding ways to mitigate the penalties you face
- Explaining your rights in a way that is easy to understand
- Representing you in court if necessary
We also provide our clients with counsel on how to avoid getting into trouble in the first place.
Hasson Law Group, LLC works hard to understand each unique situation so that we can provide an individualized legal strategy. Call us at (678) 701-2869 to discuss your case.
We serve the Atlanta, GA, area.