The Hasson Law Group regularly represents companies, business owners, and professionals, helping them to resolve business and complex commercial disputes in an efficient and cost effective manner. Our experienced and creative team of lawyers has successfully represented clients in the following areas:
We understand how disruptive litigation can be for both the party alleging injury and the party defending against such allegations. Where it is possible to avoid protracted litigation, we look for opportunities to find creative solutions to complex disputes that satisfy our client’s needs and goals. As experienced trial lawyers, we also recognize that litigation is sometimes necessary. We work hard to aggressively represent our clients in court and do not hesitate to take cases to trial.
Our team of experienced trial lawyers has experience resolving matters through alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration, and regularly litigates disputes in State and Federal Court.
• When a bank wrongfully foreclosed on a valuable tract of commercial property on Peachtree Street in Midtown Atlanta without giving notice to our client or another lender who had a superior position security interest in the property, we filed suit against the bank. After hard fought litigation, the defendant bank presented a settlement package to our client on the eve of trial worth over twelve million dollars, including return of the property to our client.
• Our lawyers pursued tort claims, including breach of fiduciary duty, against a major national bank on behalf of a private banking customer after the bank knowingly withheld pertinent information regarding a potential real estate deal from our client. After a week-long arbitration proceeding, we obtained an award of over two million dollars for the client.
• We successfully defended a limited liability partner against the efforts of a creditor of a subsidiary of the partnership to hold our client personally liable for the subsidiary’s debt. The creditor of the subsidiary attempted to pierce the corporate veil of the subsidiary and hold our client liable for a seven million dollar judgment against the subsidiary, and also attempted to void an allegedly fraudulent transfer from the partnership to our client. We convinced the Court to dismiss all claims against our client through a motion for summary judgment.
• We represented a minority stakeholder in a healthcare services company in a fraud and breach of fiduciary duty dispute against the majority owner of the company. At a mediation held two weeks after we filed a lawsuit on behalf of the client, the majority owner agreed to buy out our client’s interest in the business on terms that were extremely favorable to our client.
• We successfully defended a minority business owner against claims that he violated the terms of a non-compete agreement. The case was dismissed after we convinced the court to deny injunctive relief to our client’s former employer.
Hasson Law Group, LLP,
3379 Peachtree Rd,
Atlanta, GA 30326