Phone Mike: 678.701.2871
- J.D. – University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill School of Law
- B.S. – Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, Florida State University
- Business Litigation
- Partnership Disputes
- Breach of Contract
- Insurance Coverage
- Banking Regulation Enforcement
Honors and Activities:
- Founding Member, Executive Committee, Business Law and Litigation Section, Cobb County Bar Association
- Hands on Atlanta
- Chattahoochee Riverkeeper
Mike has represented businesses and their owners in the Atlanta area since 1995, specializing in matters involving breach of contract, fraud, partnership disputes, banking, regulatory enforcement, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, insurance coverage, real estate disputes, and collections. He has significant trial and arbitration experience, and has briefed appeals in both state and federal courts.
As a younger lawyer, Mike honed his skills in the commercial litigation departments of two large, well-respected law firms, Alston & Bird and Sutherland, Asbill & Brennan, where he gained valuable experience in handling complex commercial litigation. At Alston, & Bird, Mike assisted in the preparation of the Examiner’s Reports to the Court in the Enron Corp. bankruptcy. He earned his law degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill, and earned his degree in political science through the Honor’s Program at Florida State University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
Most recently, Mike has handled significant litigation matters for plaintiffs and defendants involving:
- Disputes among business owners, partners and investors
- Breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and other business torts
- Real Estate disputes
- Insurance coverage litigation
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Legal and accounting malpractice
- Representation of financial advisors in regulatory proceedings
- Complex breach of contract and other commercial disputes
Mike and his wife, Dawn, live in East Cobb, where they both graduated from Wheeler High School. Mike was a founding member of the Executive Committee of the Business Law and Litigation Section of the Cobb County Bar Association, and has been active in community organizations such as Hands on Atlanta and Chattahoochee RiverKeeper. He has also served as a volunteer coach for his two sons at the local YMCA.