The Hasson Law Group regularly represents policy holders in disputes with their insurance companies. We understand the complexities of insurance coverage law, and if your insurance company refuses to honor its obligations or denies a claim in bad faith, we stand ready to help you recover. Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for clients. We have experience handling a wide variety of coverage disputes, including matters involving the following types of policies:
- Commercial General Liability
- Director and Officer (“D&O”)
- Errors and Omissions (“E&O”)
- Commercial Property
- Builders Risk
- Professional Liability
Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars from insurance carriers on behalf of our clients. Often we are able to obtain a recovery for clients without ever having to file suit, but when the insurance company refuses to act reasonably, we stand ready to aggressively litigate to recover for our clients. We have experience in resolving insurance coverage disputes through mediation, arbitration and litigation.
In addition to litigating insurance coverage cases, we regularly advise clients in submitting claims and responding to requests for information and “reservation of rights” letters. Insurance coverage issues are complex, and often a successful recovery
depends on building the appropriate record. We therefore encourage clients to engage separate coverage counsel early in any dispute involving an insurance policy.
- When our client was sued by a former joint venture partner, our client’s Errors and Omissions (“E&O”) carrier refused to provide a defense, forcing our client to incur over half a million dollars defending itself in the underlying lawsuit. After assisting the client resolve the underlying suit, our lawyers filed suit against the E&O carrier to recover the costs of defending the underlying suit. After we persuaded the Court that the insurance company had breached its duty to defend the client in the underlying litigation, the case then settled for a confidential amount.
- We successfully represented a business in a dispute with its general commercial liability carrier arising out of the long term use of an environmental contaminant in the regular course of business, which was released into the environment, exposing the business to potential claims from surrounding property owners and requiring hundreds of thousands of dollars in soil and water remediation. After the insurance carrier refused to provide coverage for the loss, we filed suit and were able to obtain a substantial recovery for the client.